Sunday, October 19, 2008

Special Olympic Halloween Dance

This afternoon Jaylin went swimming and shopping at the Dollar Tree with Katlyn. While he was gone I went shopping at Fashion Bug. They were having a buy one get one for 0.99 sale so I bought myself two new outfits. Afterwards, I ran and bought stuff to make a cake for the dance tonight. When Jaylin got home and settled we made it. We used a diet soda cake recipe. I tried this cake at a get together about two months ago and the person who made it said it was a diet soda cake. You use the cake mix and a can of diet soda. I thought it would be something interesting to do with Jaylin. After we made the cake and got ready for the dance, we ran to Kathleen's house to pick her up and made our way to the dance. Jaylin's hot dog costume was a hit. We had a great time seeing our friends dressed up in their costume, dancing, and socializing.

2 comments:

The Svoboda Family said...

I'll have to try that cake sometime!

Jessica O'Donnell said...

It is good. I wouldn't have noticed any difference when I tried it for the first time if the girl didnt say that she made it differently. Ours came out good too.