Monday, January 26, 2009

For Will

Friday I got a text message from Will, my best friend, telling me he was in the hospital. He found out he has diabetes. He is feeling a lot better and will hopefully be going home on Monday.
A little history about Will, we have been friends since Jaylin was 3 years old. He has been my biggest support system over the years. When your a single mother its hard to understand things that go on with your son. I am lucky to have Will who will talk to me about anything and has given me a better understanding of "guy stuff". Jaylin and Will have always had a great bond with each other. We don't get to see him as much as we would like since he moved to DC 2 1/2 years ago but Jaylin enjoys the times they do get to spend together. We are lucky to have him in our lives and love him very much.
When we were driving to bowling this morning I was talking to Jaylin about Will being in the hospital. Normally if I talk to Will on a Sunday night he asks me what Jaylin's bowling scores were that day. So I told Jaylin that if he bowled a good game I bet it would make Will feel better. Jaylin got a big smile on his face. As you can see Jaylin scored a 130 on his first game, which is his new high score (before today it was 124). When his name was announced he had a huge smile on his face. Then he grabbed my cell phone and handed it to me. I asked him if he wanted me to send Will a text message and he answered yes. So I sent a message explaining our convo in the car and Jaylin's score. Will texted Jaylin back and told him he was very touch and he felt a lot better.

No comments: