Monday, September 1, 2008

Fair

Today was the last day of the Fair and my mom's cheer team was performing. So we went. We went the 2nd day with our friends Chris and Kathleen for a couple hours just to basically walked around, have lunch, and Jaylin and Kathleen rode 3 rides. Jaylin went with Katlyn (his Res Hab provider) this past Thursday. They did the unlimited ride stamp and had lunch. He was looking forward to it all week. Well, funds on my end are limited so I knew we weren't going to get to do much today. We had 8 tickets (thanks to Chris) from the first time we went and I bought Jaylin 12 more tickets. Which got him 5 rides (well 4 rides cuz he rode the swings twice). So we did that first. His favorite ride is the swings (so you can understand why he chose to ride them twice). I love watching him on the swings. He is so carefree and happy. I think he just enjoys the feeling he gets to be in the air like that much different from swinging on swings in a park. He also the ride that brings you up in the air then drops down (don't know the name of it). We went to this little amusement park called Fun Spot when we were in Florida and he rode the same ride there and fell in love. Again the excitement on his face is priceless. Next was the Himalayas, swings again, and ended with the pirate ship. I am so thankful that I have a son that respects and understands when we are done we are done. I told him right before he went on the pirate ship that was the last ride. He got off and was fine with it no temper tantrums, no whining, no nothing. I was very proud of him and grateful that he understands that Mommy is not rich. Next we stopped at Scotty's and had our picture taken. We have been having a picture of the two of us taken there every year since Jaylin was 3 or 4. They are cheap, friendly, and do a great job. We always get a keychain for me and a picture for Jaylin which ends up on his desk at school. Its funny because I have 3 keychain pictures on my key ring (a pic of us from 2002, 2006, and now this year). They normally stay on my keychain until it breaks and then I put them in a photo album. Its funny to me that the one from 2002 is still on their six years later and the ones after it have not lasted. At this point Jaylin was "so hungry" one of his favorite sayings so we sat and had lunch. After lunch we got to visit with people from my mom's gym that we havent seen in awhile then watch the team perform, and made our way home. It was a great, relaxing day.

1 comment:

D said...

I am so proud of Jaylin. He is such an amazing person. I loved reading about your trip to the Fair. How wonderful! ~ Darlene