Saturday, November 15, 2008
New Job
On Thursday I officially started my new job. Since September I have been subbing as a one to one at a preschool through Enable. I was offered the position at the end of October but turned it down at first because I was also offered a position in a program that is being created. I told the director at Enable that I would still work there until they found someone. This program that is being created is going to be great when it is up and running as of right now they don't know when it will start so I needed to make sure that my family had a steady income coming in. Last week I asked the director if she was still looking for someone for the position and she said yes. I told her if she was still interested in me that I would accept the position. She gave me a hug and told me absolutely. I didnt officially start until Thursday because it was the middle of a pay period and it was best to start off a new pay rate on a new pay period. Like most preschools there are two classes. I have one child in the morning and two children in the afternoon that are "my kids". I love the children in both of my classes. They are a great group of kids. My co-workers are great. We all get along and work well together. These ladies have so much love the kids that they help its amazing to me and I am glad to be apart of it. The pay is not what I was hoping for but it is a consistent 40 hours and more than I am making now plus I will finally be able to get insurance in February when my 90 days are up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow Jess! Congrats on the new job! How exciting! Best wishes!
~ Darlene
Congratulations Jessica! SO glad to hear your new job is going well!!!
Post a Comment