Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thankful
With tomorrow being Thanksgiving I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the things I am thankful for.
First and most important, Jaylin. He is such an amazing person and I am proud to be able his mother. His laugh and smile can make any bad day better. We have been through so much together and I am amazed at the man he is growing up to be. He always keeps me focused and reminds me to "be nice" in my grumpy moments.
Will, my best friend. He helps me keep my sanity. He is the person I open up to the most and no matter what I need to talk about he is always willing to listen and give his advice. We have had some interesting conversations over the years. He always tells me things exactly how he feels, there is no sugar coating with him and I love and respect that. I have gotten through a lot of things with his love and support. Even though he lives in DC he is the most supportive person in my life.
Annie, my best friend. I always enjoy our talks, shopping trips, and dinner outings. We don't get to see each other as much as we both would like but when we do get together things always fall back into place. She is always there for Jaylin and I. Jaylin is lucky to have such an amazing godmother.
Miss W (Bonnie), Jaylin's amazing teacher assistant. In the last 3 years she has turned into Jaylin's second mother. That being said she gets all his grumpiness, stubborness, love, hugs, kisses, bad moments, and accomplishments. She has been our biggest support system and I am always grateful for that. She loves Jaylin and wants the best for him. I couldn't ask for better.
Dr Jones, Jaylin's pediatrician, and her staff. Dr Jones made it so Jaylin was comfortable going to the doctors. She always takes my opinion into the decisions she makes when it comes to him. The staff at Syracuse Pediatrics has always made it a warm, comfortable environment for both of us.
Special Olympics, Friends Bowling, and Challengers Baseball. I have seen such a growth in Jaylin since he has been involved in these organizations. We have had great memories and have made great friends through this. I enjoy every moment of the times we spend there.
Familycapped, Nick, and John. Familycapped is such a great organization that I am glad we are apart of. We have had a great time at the events they throw and appreciate them helping Jaylin get some sensory stuff to help him. Nick is the director of Familycapped. He has a passion to help the families and to do anything to make the community better for our kids with disabilities. John is Jaylin's service coordinator. He is also my co-coach for Challengers baseball and Jaylin adores him. He has been a great help to us in the last couple months.
Y Kids Inc. A program that I use to work for and that still takes care of Jaylin. We love the staff that is always there to help Jaylin, take him swimming, make him workout on the treadmill, and play basketball with him. I am glad that the transition of me not working there anymore has gone so smoothly. We have formed great relationships with the other participants and staff over the years.
Aimee and Alex. I am glad that we have become so close. We have had many dinners out together, times at the park, and had a great time at the Buddy Walk this year. Aimee and I vent a lot to each other about the frustrations of life as a single mother.
Lisa, Paige, Chris, Kathleen, Barb, Alyssa, Mary, and Donald. I am glad that Jaylin has Paige, Kathleen, Alyssa, and Donald to hang out with and we have done a lot of great things together over the years. Chris, Barb, and Mary have been great friends of mine. Lisa and I are a lot alike. I adore her love for her family, sarcasm, and crazy ways. She has taught me that my constant involvement in Jaylin's life is okay and to always fight for what is best for him.
I try my best to tell these people as much as possible how thankful we are to have them in our lifes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I hope you and Jaylin had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was good to see you guys the other day!
~ Darlene
Post a Comment