Saturday, January 10, 2009

Disney on Ice

For the past 4 years Jaylin, Annie, Kali and I have gone to Disney on Ice. Last year we had more people join us. We don't get to see Annie and Kali as much as we would like so I wanted to make sure there would be just time for the four of us. So we headed to lunch at Friendly's before we went to the show. Man Friendly's was mobbed and we actually took our ice cream to go because it was getting late and we wanted to make it to the show on time.

We met up with Paige, Lisa, Donald, Lori, Alena, Michelle, Alyssa, Barb, Kathleen, Tommy, Bobby, and Marcia at the War Memorial. This years show was 100 Years of Magic. The first act was Aladdin, Finding Nemo, A Rose is a Rose (Mickey and Minnie), Beauty and the Beast, Princesses, Toy Story, and It's a Small World which was amazing.
There was an intermission. We normally get souvenirs before the show so I can take some pictures of all of us during intermission but since we got backed up in Friendly's we took that opportunity to get them then instead of waiting until the end of the show. Jaylin chose a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal and the shows program which came with a rose. Jaylin also bought popcorn with his allowance money. This year it came in a little container which we plan to clean out and reuse at home for his magnetic letters. Annie bought some cotton candy and gave Jaylin the crown that came with it. I was able to take a picture of Annie, Jaylin, and Kali before the show started again.
The second act was Mickey Leads the Band, Pinocchio, Mulan, Incredibles, Lion King, and Finale. Jaylin really enjoyed The Lion King and the finale. My mom bought me a digital camera for Christmas and I am not liking it. I didn't get as many pictures as I normally do. My wonderful friend, Lisa, was taking pictures as well. I love that we are both always taking pictures. We are good about sharing with each other to make sure we both get great pictures.
After the show everyone minus Annie, Kali, Kathleen, and Tommy met up at Applebee's for dinner. Of course Jaylin got his steak and fries (favorite at Applebee's). Applebee's was really busy, but we had an amazing waitress. Last year we had a bad experience with a waitress so were happy to have a good one this year.
I always look forward to Disney on Ice. Jaylin always gets his tickets in his stocking and its a nice present for him to get after Christmas. That's why we go out to eat and he gets souvenirs. We enjoy the special time we get with some amazing people. Definitely worth the money that was spent. Can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

The Svoboda Family said...

I haven't been to Disney on Ice since I was a kid. Every year we think about taking our own kids to it...but it always seems to be after Christmas...and every year by that time, all our spending money is...well, SPENT! LOVE the idea of buying the tickets to put in their stocking though. We may just have to do that next year!!!

Jessica O'Donnell said...

I was the same way forever thinking about going but didnt end up doing it and then 4 years ago I was like I have to do it and got my best friend and her neice tickets and the rest is history.

Money is always tight around Christmas time but Jaylin gets the ticket in his stocking and then is able to get a souvenir at the show since I will have another paycheck by then lol.

Tara said...

I have always wanted to go too. Maybe next year....
Sounds like you had a great time.

Jessica O'Donnell said...

You should go the kids would love it.