Sunday, March 29, 2009

Haircut

After bowling, I took Jaylin to get a much needed haircut. Its amazing how far he has come with getting his haircut. When he was younger, he was so afraid that it took two of take him to get a cut. My mom would come with me and one of us with hold him in our lap while the other one held his head. That lasted for a year or two. Then I was able to take him by myself but would have to talk him through it and stay right by his side. For the longest time we went to this lady Tammy and the consistency of the same person made him comfortable with it but he still wanted me to stand next to him. Now I am lucky and am able to take him to Randy's Hair Safari (great, $5 place with the nicest people). He doesn't always have the same person when we go there but he's okay with that.

Today for the first time I sat in the waiting area the whole time. Normally, I would stand next to him or sit in another hair chair so he knew I was there. Today I just felt like I should try to see how he would do without me there. He did a fantastic job. He was overjoyed at the end when Randy handed him 2 lollipops.

No comments: