Sunday, September 28, 2008
Buddy Walk
Today we participated in the Buddy Walk which raises money for Downs Syndrome. I have wanted to do this for the last couple of years but never looked into it and we miss it. So this year I made sure to register us. Aimee and Alex came along with us. As we were pulling up Johnny, Jaylin's friend, was playing the bagpipes. He is an amazing player. As you are walking in there is a huge balloon arch that looks like a rainbow. We had to go to the registration table to pick up our shirts. Afterwards, we walked around for a little bit and were excited to see Mr. Johnson (one of Jaylin's old principals) was there. Jaylin played a couple of games. He won a Buddy Walk water bottle that he plans on bringing to school tomorrow. At 1030 the walk started, I was amazed at how many people were there and how organized it was. When we finished the walk, we ate lunch and brought some sounvenirs (Jaylin got a little bag and I got a magnet for my car). We took some great pictures that I will post soon. We had a great time, can't wait to do it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That's awesome that you saw Mr. Johnson!
~ Darlene
Post a Comment