Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Normally I complain about Valentine's Day but this year it didnt bother me. I don't need overpriced roses to make me happy. I would rather get daises over roses anyways. I love yellow roses because they remind me of my Grandma but dont need them on Valentine's Day.

Yesterday we had a very low key party at work. A bunch of kids from my morning class brought in snacks and valentine's and we had a few bring in some valentines in my afternoon class. My co-workers and I were looking forward to the day ending and us starting our much deserved break. I love my co-workers and kids I work with but I am looking forward to some down time at home next week.

This afternoon Jaylin went off with Anne for a couple hours. While he was gone I relaxed and looked up prices for a trip to Vegas that we are hopefully planning for spring break. Jaylin came home with a beautiful red heart balloon for me and some goodies he bought for himself. After he got home we relaxed for about 2 1/2 hours. At 630 we drove to pick up Aimee and Alex who joined us at Friendly's for a Valentine dinner.

Over the years I let the fact that I did not have a significant other to celebrate Valentine's Day with get to me but this year it didn't. I enjoyed the day with the most important person in my life and two great friends. That's all that matters.

No comments: