Sunday, December 14, 2008
Our Weekend
I was lucky this weekend and got a 3 day weekend since Syracuse City Schools were closed and my work follows their days off/closings. So Friday while Jaylin was at school making latkes and dipping his chicken patties in chocolate pudding (don't ask lol) I was at home taking a long bubble bath and enjoying some time to myself. I really should have been out doing some Christmas shopping since I'm not done yet but I really just needed time to relax. Before I went to get Jaylin I was all excited about getting gas for 1.59 on RT 31 until I realized once I drove there that I left my wallet at home, gotta love it. After getting Jaylin from school we came home for like 1/2 hour so he could have some "veggin" time. Then we ran to get Kathleen at the Y and went to Hope's Social Club. They watched a movie and had a little meal. As we were finishing up there Aimee texted me and asked me if we would like to join her, Alex, and my brother at Friendly's for dinner. So we met up with them and had dinner.
Saturday Jaylin was supose to go with Ann (res hab provider) but she cancelled because she wasn't feeling well so I had to drag him to Sam's Club with me to make our Christmas cards. He wasn't too thrilled about it but handled the waiting and the crowd of people very well. Afterwards we went to Dollar Tree to grab a few things and then had dinner at Tully's.
Today we started out with bowling where Jaylin got to hand out Christmas cards to his friends. We also received a gift card from Familycapped to Walmart that we will use after Christmas. Spongebob (for those who don't know, Jaylin has a Spongbob bowling ball) helped him earn a 109 & 87. We came home for a little bit after bowling then headed to our friends, Ann and Mike's house. They were hosting a Christmas party. Jaylin had a blast running around in her unfinished basement, playing games, and meeting new people. Within the last couple of weeks Jaylin has really loved to just run which when it gets warm out again we will be using to both of our advantages. After we left the party we ran to Walmart to grab some stuff for the week and to Dunkin Donuts.
As I'm sitting here typing this I am thinking as I do at the end of every weekend, man this weekend went by fast. Mondays always come so fast and Fridays don't come fast enough lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I've finally figured out how to get to your blog! I am so excited. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to catch up on your life:)
I'm glad you found it. I hope you enjoy reading mine as much as I enjoy reading yours
Post a Comment