Saturday, December 20, 2008

Polar Express

We had a busy day today. Jaylin went with Anne this afternoon from 1-4. They went bowling, to the library, and to Walmart. Jaylin spent some of his half of a gift card we received last week. While Jaylin was with Anne I took advantage of getting some stuff done without having to drag Jaylin along. At 430 we got ready to head to Utica. At the Union Train Station they do this Polar Express ride. We went last year and had a great time so we were looking forward to doing it again this year. Last year we went with our friends, Lori and Donald, so I didn't drive. This year they went a different day then us. So I had to get directions. The directions we had from mapquest were not the greatest. We ended up getting lost. I knew we were in the right area because last year after the train ride we stopped at the McDonald's around the corner to grab dinner and I saw the same McDonald's. Well, of course Jaylin was hungry so we stopped at Wendy's (next to the McDonald's) to grab dinner to eat at the train station and asked the cashier for directions. The cashier gave us the wrong directions so we ended up stopping at a gas station and asked a lady in line who gave us the right directions. So we finally made it there. Now that I have drove there myself I will be fine for next time. So we get to the station and get our tickets and eat our food. Jaylin was so excited about getting on the train that he is jumping around and smiling like crazy. We didn't have to wait too long before we headed towards the train. Jaylin and I sat with our friends, Nick and Mark. It takes about half an hour to get to the spot where "The North Pole" is. So Jaylin and I got to enjoy hanging out with Mark and Nick. Mark loves to tell me that I have a green car and then we make jokes so that one of us can sign "NOT" lol. When you get to The North Pole the elves and Santa act out the where the kid gets the first present. Afterwards Santa gets on the train, visits with each kid, takes a picture, and then gives them their own jingle bell. Jaylin was excited to see Santa again and told him he wants to open presents for Christmas. Thats how he answers the question "what do you want for Christmas?" After the train ride we went inside and had hot chocolate and cookies. Then we headed home. We enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: